SAFETY TIPS FOR ALL SEASONS
By Britt Carlson
The beautiful holiday decorations and the tasty treats are certainly what make Christmas a special time of year, but for pet owners, all of this can create a hazardous environment for their furry friends.
TheHumane Society has already received plenty of calls this month from families looking to adopt a new pet for the holidays.
President of the Humane Society says pets are only a good gift idea if it’s for your family and you’re willing to accept all the responsibilities of becoming a pet owner.
“People really should select their own gifts and select a breed that would be appropriate for them. To consider all the needs that a pet has, getting spayed or neutered, the expense of that and their commitment to be able to keep the pet for their entire life.”
Whether the pet is new or old, it is important to be cautious of leaving out holiday food, keep bows and wrapping paper out of your pet’s reach and avoid holiday plants like poinsettias and mistletoe, which are poisonous to pets.
Humane Society volunteer coordinator Marie McKeeman says, “During the holidays, there’s a lot of extra stress going on. There’s all the tinsel, wrapping paper and chocolates and all these things that pets can get into. And whether it’s a puppy or a full grown dog you don’t want to endanger them.”
The Humane Society reminds pet owners to stay with their pets on New Year’s, as fireworks tend to upset them.
MAY THIS FIND YOU SAFE AND WARM AND SURROUNDED BY THOSE THAT LOVE YOU.
- Contact Us
- My Account
- WHAT IS A PUPPY MILL?
- WHAT IS A SHIMA?
- INFO ABOUT SWEETSHIMAS PUPPIES
- Who is SweetShimas.com
- HOME MADE DOG FOOD
- 10 Human Medications Most Dangerous To Dogs
- 1ST STEP IN DOG TRAINING.
- 27 SAFETY TIPS FROM THE ANIMAL RESCUE AFAW.ORG
- A SALES CONTRACT
- DIARRHEA IN PUPPIES
- DISASTER PREP 4 PETS
- HUMAN FOODS DOGS AND AND CAN’T EAT
- FRUITS & VEGETABLES DOGS CAN AND CAN’T EAT
- HOUSEBREAKING YOUR PUPPY
- HOW TO’S TAKE A TEMPERATURE
- PARASITES EXTERNAL * Pictures
- PARASITES INTERNAL * Pictures
- PUPPY GOING HOME
- SAFETY TIPS FOR ALL SEASONS
- THE MEDICINE CHEST: MEDICATIONS
- THE MEDICINE CHEST: SUPPLIES
- VETERINARIAN VISITS
- YELP HAS 3000 COMPLAINTS WITH THE BBB
- 10 ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR PET’S SURVIVAL KIT.